White Paper | June 7th, 2019
Dr. Valery Rudnev, Doug Brown, Dr. Chester J. Van Tyne, Dr. Kester D. Clarke
Over the past three decades, induction heating has become an increasingly popular in forge shops. Among other subjects, this paper discusses:
- Trends in forging steels. Selection of forging temperatures.
- Intricacies of process requirements associated with recent knowledge related to theory and practice of induction heating.
- Novel induction billet heater design concept.
- Temperature uniformity requirements. Common misassumption.
- “Stand-by” and “Rapid start” features of modern induction heaters.